Boll.ocks.ed up

27 April 2006

Hmph. Bloglines and have had a falling out, and now Bloglines isn’t displaying RSS feeds from any of the many many linklogs I read – there’s just a little red ! next to all of them. Which is a bit of a pisser really (and is why my own linklog has been updated so little). I’ve gone over to using’s networking facility to aggregate my linklogs as a temporary measure until Bloglines works out how to read feeds again, but this isn’t really the best of solutions. Anyone else had the same problem? Can anyone else recommend a better web-based feedreader?

5 Responses

I have been wondering about the Bloglines / Delicious thing actually. I had no idea that ‘network’ thing existed on delicious! Looks handy. Thanks for pointing it out!

It’s a nice feature, but it doesn’t have mark as read/unread abilities or anything like that, which makes it a poor substitute for a proper RSS reader.

I’m using the Google Reader at the moment. I used to use Bloglines, but I found the clunky interface was actually putting me off looking at my feeds at all, and the longer you do that, the more unread ones you build up, and you get scared to even open it in the first place. Every time I logged on and Bloglines Notifier said “you have 4,523 unread articles” I got a horrible little shiver down my mouse finger.

You could create a feedburner feed of the rss, that’ll clean up whatever the issue is – or at worst give you a hint of WHERE the issue is!

Write your own.