After finding ricin factories without any ricin, shooting innocent men in their homes and unsuccessfully trying people for possessing fictional explosives, you’d think the authorities in this country would be desperate to publicise a proper discovery of an alleged terrorist cell allegedly equipped with proper, bona fide munitions. And I’m not talking about your highly theoretical and impractical binary explosives, but the real thing. Rocket launchers as well would be a bonus, the icing on the cake, as it were.
Last week, it seems, they actually did:
TWO Pendle men have appeared before Pennine magistrates accused of having “a master plan” after what is believed to be a record haul of chemicals used in making home-made bombs was found in Colne. Robert Cottage (49), of Talbot Street, Colne, and David Bolus Jackson (62), of Trent Road, Nelson, made separate appearances before the court charged with being in possession of an explosive substance for an unlawful purpose. The offences are under the Explosive Substances Act 1883.
The 22 chemical components recovered by police are believed to be the largest haul ever found at a house in this country. Cottage is an ex-BNP member who stood as a candidate in the Pendle Council elections in May. Mrs Christiana Buchanan, who appeared for the prosecution in Jackson’s case, alleged the pair had “some kind of masterplan”. She said a search of Jackson’s home had uncovered rocket launchers, chemicals, BNP literature and a nuclear biological suit.
(via Penguin Marginalia)
No doubt they’re organising the triumphant press conferences as we speak. Regardless of whether they are innocent or guilty, the Home Secretary will be commending his staff for their successful action, whilst calling on all decent, moderate members of the white community to condemn these Anglofascist extremists and their perverse interpretation of their cultural and moral values, and urge them to do more to co-operate with the authorities fully to deal with the threat in their midst. Meanwhile, he says, the police will be instructed to step up their guard, and white people will be subjected to targeted stop and search and additional security checks at railway stations and airports. At the same time, he would of course try and reassure the law-abiding majority that the government is working full pelt to thwart the forces of Anglofascism, and that we should not be afraid to sit next to white people on the Tube, even if they’re wearing rucksacks or sporting that funny shaven head haircut some of them have. The announcement’s due any minute. No doubt. I’m sure of it. Any minute now.
Update: Plenty of blog coverage (which having been away for the weekend, I’ve only just caught up on) – cue Jamie, Lenin, Pickled Politics, Ministry of Truth, Rachel and, most refreshingly a sensible piece in Harry’s Place. Meanwhile, it mentions just a paragraph in the Sunday Times.